Thursday 14 October 2010

Creativity tip: find time to mull

And by mull I mean ruminate, cogitate, switch off and think in a relaxed manner. Not the island off the west coast of Scotland.

At a speakers’ convention last week I took pages and pages of notes. Too many, really, for me to act on them all.

So I planned some time a few days later to read through the notes, to mull them over, and then to decide which were the most important to act upon.

I suspect things might be similar for you – too many things to do, too little time?

I know the last thing you want me to tell you is that you must take time to think. But honestly, it will pay off.

Grab your notebook, get away from your desk, switch off the phone, and take fifteen minutes or so to mull things over. Let your mind wander, and take note of the tasks, actions and ideas that float to the surface of your consciousness.

Those are the important ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment